cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Integration with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Could any one tell me two scenarios where we integrate Portals with the XI system.

If Portal is the receiver/sender then what could be the possible sender/receivers respectively.

Please, also let me know what scenarios (IDOC to HTTP etc) is used for ECC and Portal integration with XI.

What are the Adaptors used for Portals.

Thanks in advance. I will assign points.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>What are the Adaptors used for Portals.

If it is a webservice(webdyn pro appln) you can use a SOAP adapter. But usually, EP doesnt require XI to communicate with R/3. It can directly make RFC calls to R/3 and getthe data.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You, all.

But Still I am confused.......For integrating EP->XI->HTTP

The adaptor used on the HTTP is the HTTP Adaptor, but what is the adaptor used on the EP (Enterprise Portal) side.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific with the sender??

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sender is the Enterprise Portals.

E.g. EP --> XI --> Web Application (Banking System)

If it is not clear then..........please let me know two scenario's where we integrate Enterprise Portals with XI.

Thanks,

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try by sending message from EP to XI with the help of webservices and also you can try by sending an HTTP message to XI containing XML document.

To my knowledge Webservices is preferred.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use SOAP Adapter.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at this blog,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

You can make a webservice ( SOAP ) call from the portals to XI, or a HTTP call for the same.

For integrating XI and ECC , as usual IDOC's , RFC or Proxies can be used. This blog discusses the same,

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just an example-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Most of the time, if it is a portal as user Interface (UI) and the senderor/reciever as a SAP system, then it is not required to have XI over here. Because portal can directly talk with SPA systems.

Then if depends on the requierements.

Regards,

Moorthy