cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are all the Guidelines for using SOAP Adapter or When we should use SOAP Adapter?

Whether it is also secured like HTTPS Adapter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, SOAP Adapter is secured like HTTP Adapter.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. Currently to receive our Invoices from our suppliers we are using an HTTP Adapter and instead can I Use a SOAP Adapter ?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure, You can use it,

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohini,

In the case of SOAP, the Application System should give you a WSDL and you will use the WSDL to fill in the request message and get the response from your Aplication Ssystem. Also, they need to expose their interface as a webservice for you to be able to do this.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the WSDL and only the URL and not any Webservice, so from your answer I hope I cant use a SOAP adapter.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you are trying to use Sender SOAP adapter.

If I understood properly your sender application should use the WSDL and fill in the data and pass to XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/5ad93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohini,

WSDL itself is WEB Service description language. If the company has provided you the WSDL then you should be able to use SOAP adapter.

To use WSDL you need to import the WSDL as <b>EXTERNAL DEFINATION</b> under interface objects. Just right click on <b>EXTERNAL DEFINATION</b> and choose new.

In the selection criteria make sure to choose WSDL.

After you import the WSDL, just select the <b>messages</b> under which you will see all the <b>web methods</b> available in that WSDL and in the WSDL itself you will be able to see SOAP ACTIONS relevant to each of the <b>web methods</b> under <b>messages</b> tab.

In the SENDER SOAP ADAPTER, you will need to put the URL provided by the company and the SOAP ACTION to invoke a particular WEB METHOD. You will also need to provide URL Authorization, Proxy settings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Apart from all the responses, when SOAP adapter is used,

the parallelisation of the messages can achieved, which obviously increases the performance and better usage of the resources.

Correct me if I am wrong.

-naveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the adapter security, take a look at this link as well,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ff/7932e4e9c51c4fa596c69e21151c7d/frameset.htm

SOAP does support HTTPS(SSL).

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohini,

When you need to invoke a webservice, you use the SOAP adapter.

The SOAP adapter will contruct the SOAP enevelope by itself whereas if you use a HTTP adapter, the SOAP enevlope will also have to be created by you in your mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh