cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow-on Documents not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done all the required configuration on the SRM 4.0 system as per the configuration guide. We plan to implement the SRM system for indirect procurement. Hence, for some locally created items, the shopping cart is being created but once approved the PO is not created. Has anyone faced this situation? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Robert G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Please provide further details in order for us to assist you. What is the status of the shopping cart?? for example:

1.)Item in transfer process and things of that nature.

2.) Are there any dumps in ST22

3.) Any messages in RZ20

Please make sure you have maintained the address of the company code. If you have not, the shopping cart gets stuck in "item in transfer process"

Please provide further details to assist you appropriately.

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no dumps in ST22.

No messages new messages in RZ20

Address maintained. The status of the SC was "Approved".

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Check, if You add any preffered vendor to all items in SC.

If You don't do this, maybe SC go to sourcing cockpit for determination sources of supply.

Determination of sourcing You can configure in SPRO transaction.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Initially a vendor was not added but the shopping cart status indicated that. Later I chose a vendor for the Item. Thereon, the status changed to "approved".

Thanks,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Please check in BBP_PD if there are any entries for BE_OBJECT_ID field in table BBP_PDBEI. If there is an entry then there is a problem with your BBP_GET_STATUS_2 Job.

Also make sure if you have your configuration set up right for Define Backend objects.(i.e. Product category->Purchase group->Follow on document) table set correctly for that product category.

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Checked the transaction BBP_PD, I could find all the shopping carts in the transaction.

Could you please let me know what are the configuration settings you had mentioned.

Thanks,

Robert G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Find the shopping cart that you are looking for in BBP_PD. Once you find that shopping cart, click on it and view the entire details of the shopping cart. You will see a follow on document line. Click on it and it will take you to a screen where you can see entries in table BBP_PDBEI. If you find a follow on document number in that field, check in your R/3 if the follow on document with that number exists.

If it does exist, then there is a problem with your Clean_reqreq_up and BBP_GET_STATUS_2 job. Also make sure of your entries in the configuration step define backend objects for follow on documents.

Pls assign points if answer is usefull !!

Sundeep

Message was edited by: Sundeep Ravande

Message was edited by: Sundeep Ravande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

Thanks for the reply. But as I had mentioned in my previous response. The scenario being tested out is standalone scenario for local procurement. In this case, the PO would not be created in the R/3. When I went in and checked for the numbers in BBP_PD, I could not find any. Please help.

Thanks,

Robert G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Make sure your number ranges for local PO are defined.

Make sure the logical system that you choose in configuration step : "Define backend objects for follow on documents: and Define backend systems has the local logical system associated with it.

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Sundeep. I will try this out.

Equal points have been alloted to all response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remember to also "Define Document Types" in the backend (R/3) [SPRO: Material Management ==> Purchasing Requisitoins ==> Define Document Types]

Create a new document type, if necessary. (you probably already did this). Select this and double click "Allowed item Catagories". Now add the entried as need.

I was also having the problem of "Follow-on Documents" (PurPrq) not being created in backend. Once I added the "Allowed item Catagories" for my docuement type (EC) EBP was creating Pruchasing Requisition in the backedn.

Hope that helps.

Naing Zaw-Tun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naing,

I am facing this problem for local POs only. The backend documents for Backend product categories are getting created fine.

Regards,

Robert G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naing,

I am facing this problem for local POs only. The backend documents for Backend product categories are getting created fine.

Regards,

Robert G.

Answers (0)