cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO: Interactive Demmand Planning - LOCK/UNLOCK Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

I need to lock temporaly a Planning Book in /SAPAPO/SDP94 in order to avoid users to be logged as a loading process is running

do you know any standard transaction to do this or have another idea?

thanks in advance

Rasec

Message was edited by: CESAR BENITO

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rasec,

This can be done by running a custom program at the start of the batch process. Your custom program should call the following BAPIs..These will do the functionalities of getting the user list, sending messages before locking, waiting for some time after sending messages and locking the users..

SUSR_USER_GROUP_USERS_GET

BAPI_USER_LOCK

TH_LONG_USR_INFO

TH_DELETE_USER

TH_POP_UP

BAPI_MESSAGE_GETDETAIL

SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1

or

Go to transaction /n/sapapo/sdpplbk and remove the users corresponding to the planning book you want to block...but this you have to do every time which is not suggested..Doing it through a custom program is better..

Hope this helps you..

Thanks for reading..

Umamahesh

Edited by: Wilian Segatto on Jan 11, 2010 7:43 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wilian_segatto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rangnaths.

This thread is already answered.

Could you please open a new thread for it?

If you want, you can post here the link for your new thread so other users can refer to your issue as well.

Thank you!

Will

SDN Moderator

wilian_segatto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Replies:

CESAR BENITO

Forum Points: 0

Re: APO: Interactive Demmand Planning - LOCK/UNLOCK Planning Book

Posted: Oct 18, 2006 12:16 PM in response to: Uma Maheswar ku... in response to: Uma Maheswar ku...

Click to edit this message... Edit Click to delete this message... Click to branch this thread starting with this message... E-mail author Click to report abuse... E-mail this message Click to reply to this thread Reply

Thanks for your answer, Uma!

I was testing Bapis that you mentioned and I think it's a radical solution because I would be blocking users, I just want to lock a planning book (users can keep logged in the system)

Transaction /n/sapapo/sdpplbk does not guarantee that user can access to planning book (if he/she is smart )

any suggestion?

Rasec

--

Somnath Manna Moderator SAP Mentor

Forum Points: 2,932

Re: APO: Interactive Demmand Planning - LOCK/UNLOCK Planning Book

Posted: Oct 23, 2006 6:59 AM in response to: CESAR BENITO in response to: CESAR BENITO

Click to edit this message... Edit Click to delete this message... Click to branch this thread starting with this message... E-mail author Click to report abuse... E-mail this message Click to reply to this thread Reply

Hi Cesar/Rasec,

If I understand correctly you want users not to change any data while some background job is being run. One way to handle this would be to lock and unlock the concerned planning area. This will prevent any users from making changes to the data in the planning area which should also mean your background job will not fail due to locks on data selection by users.

For this you can develop customization to do locking and unlocking of the planning area. The function module ENQUEUE_/SAPAPO/E_PAREA can be used to lock planning area while DEQUEUE_/SAPAPO/E_PAREA to unlock the planning area.

Hope this gives you some direction.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem, where I want to load data from Infocube to Planning area even when a User is in edit mode in a Planning book. Your suggestions are great but if a user is already in edit mode how does this Function module lock the planning area and allow the background job to complete successfully?

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.

Regards

Rangnaths