cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Category Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) The product categories are replicated from SAP backend system using the Load objects (DNL_CUST_PROD0, DNL_CUST_PROD1) in transaction R3AS. Whether the same replication object can be used for live update also.

2) How the hierarchies are used with product categories in SRM. Whether this is having any linkage with product hierarchies of R/3 (SD).

Regards

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manikanda,

1) The product categories are replicated from SAP backend system using the Load objects (DNL_CUST_PROD0, DNL_CUST_PROD1) in transaction R3AS. Whether the same replication object can be used for live update also.

<b>Answer: There is no standard live update for Product categories into SRM. There is only delta load available for materials. (Object MATERIAL) by setting up the relevant tables such as CRMRFCPAR, CRMSUBTAB, CRMPAROLTP and SMOFPARSFA.</b>

2) How the hierarchies are used with product categories in SRM. Whether this is having any linkage with product hierarchies of R/3 (SD).

<b>Answer: All replicated materials from R/3 come within the hierarchy R3MATCLASS. I dont think there is a link to SD as all the materials that you replicate are usually related to purchasing and not sales materials.</b>

Pls Assign points if answer is usefull

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sundeep ,

1) During Cut over , this object can be used to replicate the product categories. If there is no Live update object available , how we can replicate material groups from R/3 to SRM as ongoing basis .

2) All the product categories are replicated from R/3 . whether we can create our own hierarchies in SRM . Could you please explain how it works in reporting perspective .I have gone through the help file and still not understood.....

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manikanda,

1) During Cut over , this object can be used to replicate the product categories. If there is no Live update object available , how we can replicate material groups from R/3 to SRM as ongoing basis .

<b>Usually clients donot have more than 500-600 Material Groups. For an On-going process, your system admin after cut-over (in Post Production phase would need to run T-code R3AS for object type DNL_CUST_PROD1 on a regular basis, maybe every 30 days). You also have an option of sceduling a job (copy the program for transaction code R3AS into a Z program and create a variant for DNL_CUST_PROD1).Schedule this program every 30 days or so, to enable uptodate information in SRM.</b>

2) All the product categories are replicated from R/3 . whether we can create our own hierarchies in SRM . Could you please explain how it works in reporting perspective .I have gone through the help file and still not understood.....

<b>Yes, you can create a local hierarchy, category and maeterial in SRM. From a reporting perspective the system would be able to differentiate them. May be i am not sure what your question is exactly.Please clarify.</b>

Pls assign points if answer is usefull.

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep ,

Thanks for your reply.

1) I am clear on this .

2) we have material groups in SAP R/3 or ECC and we have product categories and hierarchies in SRM .when we replicate material groups from back end systam , these are created as product categories in SRM . We create local hierarchies in SRM . how it will be useful in SRM , SAP Backend system and BW in transaction and reporting perspective. Because these product hierarchies are not there in backend system .

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

2) we have material groups in SAP R/3 or ECC and we have product categories and hierarchies in SRM .when we replicate material groups from back end systam , these are created as product categories in SRM . We create local hierarchies in SRM . how it will be useful in SRM , SAP Backend system and BW in transaction and reporting perspective. Because these product hierarchies are not there in backend system

<b>Answer: FIrst of all it is important to understand what technical scenario you are working with? (Classic. extended classic or standalone). If you are working with classic or extended classic usually no client will create material master only in SRM.

Exception: In case that you work in extended classic, since all documents are maintained in SRM locally, it would make sense to create local product category or product as all purchasing reporting will be done by connecting BW to SRM directly as all information exists in SRM. However, in classic scenario it would not make sense to create local product categories as all information of follow on documents reside in R/3.

In standalone you would create local product categories and products and only post an invoice to an external system.</b>

Hope this clears all your doubts !!

Pls assign points for usefull

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply . I am sorry that i did not mention technical scenario in all through my communication. we are implementing extended calssic scenario.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

Hope all my answers provided the answers you were looking for?

Sundeep

Answers (0)