cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alert long text not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem triggering an alert with dynamic text out of a bpm. The alert is triggered correctly (I can't see any dump in tzhe log files), I can see the alert in my alert inbox, but the long text isn't filled. I'm using SAP Netweaver 2004s SP 9 (SAP Basis 7.00).

Then I tried the same preocedure in a SAP Netweaver 2004 SP 15 (SAP Basis 6.40) with the same settings, and it worked fine. I can see the long message in the alert inbox. The only differnce was, that in 2004s the alert classification 'Webflow Alert' didn't exist, so I had to create it.

Does anybody know, where the problem could be?

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

DId you select the option of Dynamic text during Alert Category Definition (Transaction- ALRTCATDEF)

Cross verify this-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the flag 'dynamic test', my test message has only 11 chars (Hello World) and I tried it without variable in the text.

May be some base configurations (SAP basis) are incorrect? As I said, I've tried the same configuration on a 6.40 system, and it worked, so I think the config in the TA ALRTCATDEF and in the bpm are ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas

I am also facing the same error, I can see alert message in inbox but not long text. Normal setting used to work when we were on 2004 release but since we have ugrageded the system to 2004s support pack8, the same settings are not working now.

Let me know if you have found solution of this problem.

- K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm facing the same problem, has everyone found the solution?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem by implementing the notes 972303 and 972806.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it shd work. Just cross check that : In the category that u have created , Dynamic Text Check Box(PropertyTab) is checked.

Regards

Dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check that the length of the message is not more then the required limit. If thats the case it sometimes does not show the message.

Else, just try re-activating that step again by making some dummy chnages.

This problem happens at times when you are using dynamic variables .

Regards

Vijaya