cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with db2 database connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On my WAS6.40 (SP9) I have used the Administration tool to create a jdbc connection for MS SQL and MAXDB without any problems but my connection to DB2 continues to fail.

I have created a driver configuration and uploaded the files db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar and called it DB2.

After that I have created a jdbc connection using my DB2 driver. In this connection I have specified

Name=DBPROPS

Driver Name=DB2

JDBC version (1.x)

Driver class=com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver

Database URL=jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/DBPROPS

User=j2eadm

Password=*****

On the Additional tab I have selected

Initial connections=1 and Native SQL

I have used another application to test this connection with the same driver (jar files), username, password, database etc. and everything is working.

Trying to start this connection I get the following errors:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application in whole cluster and wait.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Clusterwide execption: server ID 8095850:Cannot start DataSource "DBPROPS".

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployCommunicatorImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployCommunicatorImpl.java:679)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployCommunicatorImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployCommunicatorImpl.java:661)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.DataSourceManagerImpl.startApplication(DataSourceManagerImpl.java:562)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.introspect.DefaultMBeanInvoker.invoke(DefaultMBeanInvoker.java:58)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.mbeaninfo.AdditionalInfoProviderMBean.invoke(AdditionalInfoProviderMBean.java:289)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:944)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.server.interceptor.MBeanServerWrapperInterceptor.invoke(MBeanServerWrapperInterceptor.java:288)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.CompletionInterceptor.invoke(CompletionInterceptor.java:400)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.RedirectInterceptor.invoke(RedirectInterceptor.java:340)

at com.sap.pj.jmx.server.interceptor.MBeanServerInterceptorChain.invoke(MBeanServerInterceptorChain.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerSecurityWrapper.invoke(MBeanServerSecurityWrapper.java:287)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerInvoker.invokeMbs(MBeanServerInvoker.java:157)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.ClusterInterceptor.invokeMbs(ClusterInterceptor.java:220)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.ClusterInterceptor.invoke(ClusterInterceptor.java:803)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.MBeanServerInterceptorInvoker.invokeMbs(MBeanServerInterceptorInvoker.java:102)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.P4ConnectorServerImpl.invokeMbs(P4ConnectorServerImpl.java:61)

at com.sap.engine.services.jmx.connector.p4.P4ConnectorServerImplp4_Skel.dispatch(P4ConnectorServerImplp4_Skel.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:291)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:183)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:119)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:37)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.UnorderedChannel$MessageRunner.run(UnorderedChannel.java:71)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:94)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:162)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Clusterwide execption: server ID 8095850:Cannot start DataSource "DBPROPS".

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.sleepClientThread(ParallelAdapter.java:232)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:113)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4601)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployCommunicatorImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployCommunicatorImpl.java:677)

... 29 more

My test WAS is running on Windows platform with MAXDB but on AIX I have the same problems with DB2.

Any sugesstions

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

db2 udb uses port 50000 as default as does j2ee engine.

you may have to change the port in db2 (during a re-install) or use java config tool to change j2ee port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

The wrong URL was pasted into the description. The server is not localhost and the port number is therefore not an issue. SAP is working on it right now to find a solution.

Regards

Michael