Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding of Browser Functionality

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any way so that i can hide all the browser functionality (menu bar, address bar , standard buttons etc) in a web dynpro application, so that the views shud be displayed with out these browser functionality?

Thanks& Regards

sandip agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

since you can't embed custom Javascript code (yet) using Web Dynpro, this is not possible.

The more interesting question is: Why do you want to do this?

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are various usability reasons for wanting to limit the access to the browser toolbar, address bar, etc. inside of an application. (I am not sure what the previous person wanted for this.) Are there plans for an upcoming service pack or upgrade to include the ability to add custom java script or for this particular case, the ability to control the window so that browser features can be turned off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brenda,

i don't think, that this will ever happen. Web Dynpro's programming model is dedicated to abstract things like Javascript, browser dependance and more. BTW, it's not even assured, that there's a browser as client anyway (it might be a smart Java client for example). So it's IMHO not a good idea to allow to include arbitrary Javascript code. But don't forget, that finally every Web Dynpro application "call" is nothing else than an URL, which you could include in an IFrame for example. The page containing this IFrame can contain any JavaScript you like.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

A reasonable answer. However, I noticed in one of your previous posts that you mentioned problems with webdynpro and iframes. Is there a good reference listing some of the things one needs to watch out for? (such as your example of the iframe reloading on every request?).

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brenda,

if the IFrame is not an inner IFrame (e.g. part of the document object model built by Web Dynpro), it's a "standard HTML" element, which does behave as always (more or less consistent according to the current browser). Reloading on every request is a WD specific problem related to inner IFrames only, you should be able to control the refresh of the outer ones using Javascript. There's plenty of documentation around for this in the web.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)