Did you mean: 

Table compatibility mode nw04plus and dependent OVS-es in the row

former_member188498
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a following problem.

Lets say I have a table, whose compatibility mode is set to

nw04plus, so the user can input values in the table cells without changing lead selection.

Lets assume that this table has three columns: colA, colB, colC. Each one of these columns is OVS-enabled.

Input values (method applyInputValues) for colC OVS are being taken from colA (from the same row). Each column is

of type InputField.

Lets assume that there are three rows in the table and lead selection is on the first row. All rows are filled

with sample data, except for column colC.

Now the problem is when the user clicks for example in the

column colC in the third row. Then the OVS popup window is

being shown but the input values for this popup are being taken not from the row where the user has clicked but from

the current lead selection and that's not what I want.

Is there any way to handle this without changing lead selection?

I've read pdf file "Enchancing Web Dynpro Table Performance" but there this problem is solved for IWDLinkToAction, not OVS-enabled InputField.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ladislav,

Realy, this is a problem -- there is no way to set target IWDNodeElement for OVS besides changing lead selection. Sounds like a bug or not well-thougt functionality.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

former_member188498
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

you were right, there was a bug, but it was in my code.

Now everything is working ok.

It appeared that in method

public void applyInputValues(IWDNodeElement applicationNodeElement, IWDNodeElement queryInputNodeElement)

the applicationNodeElement points to the currently clicked row too when using OVS. I thought that it points only to the lead selection row.

Anyway, there was a bug in that method from my part, I've been getting

input values from another controller from lead selection and not from applicationNodeElement variable.

Regards,

Ladislav