cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue creating qualified tables in MDM 5.5 SP04 Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following:

1) Make sure you are using SP04 Patch 1 (Build 5.5.33.13)

2) Unarchieve one of the supplied business content repositories (Eg. Customer, Material, etc).

3) Create a flat lookup table

4) Create a qualified table with only one field: Field type lookup flat referencing the flat lookup table created in step 3, non-qualifier, display field.

5) Create a new field in main table, type qualified multi-value, referencing the qualified table created in step 4.

6) Load the repository

7) Login to repository with data manager

😎 Create 1 entry in lookup table created in step 3

9) Create 1 entry in main table, also creating 1 sub-entry in qualified table, save the record with SHIFT-ENTER

10) Make sure the record was saved, including qualified table entry

11) Close data manager

12) Open data manager again

13) Select your record and try to go in to the qualified sub-entry

In my case this produces data manager to crash.

This does not happen for qualified tables created in SP03 and updated to SP04, only for tables created directly in the SP04 console.

Please let me know if everybody is having the same problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I re-enacted it on SP4 (Patch 1) Products repository with Oracle DB and it did not crash as you mentioned.

You might want to test it from Data Manager running from other platforms?

HTH

--

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat:

Thank you for your answer.

I've tryed on my machine (Win XP, SQL server 2000) as well as my project MDM server (Windows Server, SQL Server 2005) and same problem occurs!

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorge,

Eventhough I have not tried what you mentioned, I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install your Data Manager again. Meanwhile, I will try once from my side to re-create your scenario.

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani: I've tried with data manager in my machine and also installed directly on the sever, as well as on other machines and same problem occurs. Thank you.

Kristin: I guess when you say "then performed your step 14, and opened the qualified lookup table, and again to my amazement the console crashed" you mean data manager crashed right? Are you using also windows-SQL Sever installation?

Anyway, I have reported the problem and hope a solution comes, I'll let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, Jorge,

Yes, I meant the Data Manager crashed. I am also using Windows and SQL Server.

Hope to see an update (and solution) soon.

Kristin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kristin, thank you for your answer. SAP it's taking time to answer on this one, as soon as I get something I'll post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in case anyone has the same issue:

SAP Proposed solution workaround is to set all non qualifier fields in the qualified tables which are lookups as "Sort Index: Normal". SP3 Console does this way by default, but not SP4 console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorge Tello,

Thats a very useful piece of Info. But, any idea when they are going to fix this?

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajani: Next build probably.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jorge,

I have MDM5.5 SP4 P1 HF1 and followed your steps (except in step 4 (THANK YOU for numbering them), I have more than one field.) At step 13, I selected my record and to my amazement the record was there but my qualified table data was gone. And I then performed your step 14, and opened the qualified lookup table, and again to my amazement the console crashed.

This definitely appears to be a bug and you should report it. I will also see if I can ask around for other solutions.

Kristin