cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMSMessages

Former Member
0 Kudos

if we publish messages to Topic (or)Queue in jms, where we will find these messages rather than in database.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

If you publish a message to a topic it will be delivered to all topic subscribers listening to it whose selector matches the messages. If there are no subscribers at the moment of the sending it won't be delivered to anyone and you won't be able to see it anywhere. In fact in that case the server is smart enough to not even store it in the database since it won't be needed.

In case of queue it will be delivered to one of the queue receivers. If there are not any at the moment of sending, whenever the first queue receiver registers itself and its selector is matching the message it will receive it.

If you are playing around and experimenting with the JMS or the java web application server, you could try downloading the last version (NetWeaver Application Server, Java EE 5 Edition) :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/java?rid=/webcontent/uuid/28b1ed0e-0d01-0010-c887-a8fdecdb9053">sap [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

HTH

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

i know how to develop jms applications up to some extent but if i publish messages to "topic",in server where these messages are stored?and is it posssibel to see directly i.e through manual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

they will be stored in the server database - table BC_JMSTOPIC. However if there are no valid topic subscribers

(i.e. the messages are not needed) they will not be stored.

If you want to see what is going on in your topic you could create a simple asynchronous standalone topic consumer (java program with main method) that inside its onMessage method would print "My message is "+ message

HTH

Peter

Answers (0)