cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Records Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!!!

How to transport one user records from one client to another client?

Regards

Basis Admin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You no need to transport users, u can do user administration in CUA which is right way of user administration.

regards

Sudhakar Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basisadmin,

the best option for you is creation of 5 users in quality system.

in client copy u can't copy selected users to your target system u have to copy all the users.its very tedious compare with 5 users. so better to create mass users (SU10) at a time in your target system client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Admin

Just do a client copy with profile SAP_USER or SAP_UONL. You have to delete the users in QA which ever are not required after the client copy.

SAP_USER - User Master Records and Authorization Profiles

SAP_UONL - User Without Authorization Profiles and Roles

Regards

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajat

after doing client copy using "SAP_UONL " profile what will happen to existing users in target client.

i mean to say suppose there are 50 users exists in quality server.

now i want to add some selective number of users from developement to quality system. is it possible to transfer selective user.

if possible then what will happen to existing users in target system.

it will be omit. or will remain .

please reply ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may think of client copy with profiles

1.SAP_UONL User Without Authorization Profiles and Roles

or

2.SAP_USER User Master Records and Authorization Profiles

except this way I dont think there is another way you can do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Naidu.. Thanks for your reply,

Here my question is, I have created 5 Users in client 120 of development system. I want to transport these 5 user records to 220 which is of quality system.

Regards

Basis admin

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid you can't transport user records from one system to another, you have to recreate those users in you QA system manually. If you have to handle large ammount of users you may consider CUA (Central User Administration). Also as Naidu said above a system copy will move users to the new system, but i don't think you want to do that.

Hope this help!

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As juan suggested CUA implementation would make the User creation a lot easier. Its all about including the new system assigning the roles in one central system for all the child systems and the Client copy profiles are only the ways which can be used in this case.

BR,

Sri