cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see database size in AS400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to see the database size of a particular instance in an AS400 ibm iseries server. Is there any commands for that.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.... how can i get the following information from SAP GUI ?

Allocated DB space

Data size

Index size

Log size

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher.

>

> Hi guys.... how can i get the following information from SAP GUI ?

>

> Allocated DB space

> Data size

> Index size

> Log size

Have you read the answers in this thread? They should answer the basic part of this question.

Beside that: Are you dealing with an SAP on IBM i installation? I'm asking as 'allocated DB space' and 'log size' are not the usual terms we use on this platform.

Best regards,

Jan Stallkamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. thanks.. im used to MSSQL so i guess in DB the total of the following willbe the DB size....

Tables 392471716

Primary keys 58411168

Indexes 26412672

One more thing... what abt the size history - weekly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

on operating system you can use DSPLIB lib(R3<SID>DATA) output(*PRINT). Or DB02 in SAP.

regards thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to monitor this regularly by this library method, then you can set up via the GO DISKTASKS command from the operating system command line a report that can be run at predefined periods - weekly, monthly etc. See:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas116c246792830c6b186256a5b005dcec8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

You could call Tcode DB02 and sum the total size of "tables", "primary keys", and "indexes". "Refresh file statistics" (in background) if the information might not be current.

Thank you,

Victor