Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM (Corrleation)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

In one of my scenarios i have 3 receivers. I understand that corelation can be set for a key field that links the message from these 3 sources, but in my case the occurence of the message type is 0..unbounded and how to set correlation for incoming message of these kind? kindly adv

Thkx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Any inputs for this post ?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you want to send messages to 3 recievers then no need to use correlation.

Correlation is used whenever you have 2 or 3 recieve steps in BPM ie If you want to collect messages from 2 or more sources.

Sekhar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have 3 recievers (inside BPM) which forces me to use correlation. But my source files have daa type occurence set to 0..unbounded. If i'm not wrong, correlation might be be helpful in this case. So any other alternative to go ahead.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

><i>but in my case the occurence of the message type is 0..unbounded</i>

Can you explain further please.

Regards,

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

In the data type definition of the source, the occurence are set to 0...unbounded. As far my knowledge concnered correlation cannot be set of this case. But if i set a correlation using dummy field then there will some issues in the flow. any other ways to handle this?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are receiving multiple messages, then you need to set the correlation.If there is no logic , or logically related fields, then create a dummy field to do the correlation.

So like this you can design the ccBPM. To know more about Correlation -with e.g

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion starting correlation here doesn't have any sense. Are you sure that you need it.

regards,

wojtek

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi wojtek,

is there any other way to avoid correlation when i have 3 recievers?

thkx