cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByPassing UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is it possible to launch a webdynpro application directly from the email notification bypassing the UWL inbox in portal? If yes, what are the steps to achieve this??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

I enclosed link in email....but while accessing that link it asks for user authentication.....I want to bypass user authentication part....How it can be done?

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as already mentioned you can enclose the URL of your Web Dynpro application in the e-mail body. This looks like:

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/<vendor>/<dcname>/<app-name>;

You get the details (vendor, dcname, app-name) from your developer, administrator or Web Dynpro administration tool.

With this solution you run the Web Dynpro application without the portal.

Because you are talking about UWL I suppose you want to run the portal iView that refers to your Web Dynpro application. In this case you have to use a portal navigation URL. This looks like:

http://<host>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.navigation.portallauncher.default...;

The easiest way to get the iView name is to go to the details of the iView, select the object-id and delete the preceding "pcd:". So you get something like:

portal_content/<role-package>/<role-name>/...

Regards Helmut

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

If you need to launch a web dynpro app from email, you can give the url link to the wd app in the email body, i.e email body is constructed with the url of the wd app. This has no link to UWL, you can even use it to send emails from web dynpro app and give a link to another app in that email.

Regards,

Lm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am assuming that you have a ABAP backend.

One way to launch a webdynpro application directly from mail would be to publish to an event in the alret framework in r/3 and ensure that the user has the email id configured in the SU01, user management settings.

You can include the URL link of the webdynpro application in the body of the mail.

More details on the alert framework can be found at: /people/ginger.gatling/blog/2005/12/02/innovative-ways-to-use-alerts

Let me know if you need more specific details.

Regards

Rajesh