cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Syatem LAndScape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

could you please clear my doubt what is Syatem LandScape?

Thanks & Regards,

AshokKumar.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you asking about System Landscape Directory or the System Landscape link that you see in SLD.

To know about SLD check out this link

To know about System Landscape check my reply in the following thread and also there are other valuable replies as well

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Prakash, i am asking about system landscape (Like , what is your system landscape ?)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general System Landscape is list of all systems that are available in a Orgn. For eg: If some orgn is implementing a simple ECC6.0 and if you ask what what is the system landscape.. ? As best practices your landscape would be Development, Quality and Production. That is the different systems that are available in your implementation, this is from Transport point of view.

If you talk about integrating two or more systems then all the systems involved in the integration scenario would be the system landscape.

Regards,

Prakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

SLD is a index of systems that can take part in XI integration Scenarios.

It basically contains 4 main objects:

1) Software Component Version.

2) Product

3) Technical System

4) Business System.

SLD is connected to all the main components of XI. I.e Integration Repository, Integration Directory and Integration Server.

All the technival and logical connections of the participating business systems are made in SLD.

Here you first create SWCV,

Assign to a product,

Then assign a product to Technical System

and finally technical system is assigned to a business system.

After you are done with SLD part, you need to import your SWCV in IR and the Business System in ID.

For more info pls refer to this thread:

Regards,

Ashish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

System Landscape -in general it is nothing but different systems in your landscape.

I.e if you want to have integration between many sap and non sap systems, then these system details are part of System Landscape directory.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy