cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two message mapping in one interface mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

my scenario is idoc to file and i am using java mapping(not UDF) for some fields as well as graphical for rest of the fields.

I want to add these two mapping program in one interface mapping to generate final target, but the problem is it is not creating final file structure, but when i add only one mapping(either one) it works fine.

I'm doing this because I have to add value mapping, after the value i get through java mapping or is it possible to use static value mapping within the java mapping itself.

Please help.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

XI doesn't allow you to have two source to target mappings in one interface mapping. Only the first mapping you mention in Interface mapping is Source to target, the others are target to target.

Pls check out Michael blog for more on this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/01/xi-xml-node-into-a-string-with-graphical-mapping

Regards,

Ashish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

To execute 2 mappings in interface mapping, Output of first mapping should be given as input to next mapping.

So you need to do the mapping accordingly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/content.htm

regards,

Moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Moorthy said you first test mapping individually and see if it works fine. While testing you make sure you are giving the right input, I mean if Java mapping comes second you need to give the output XML of the Graphical mapping or vice versa.

Hope in Java mapping is done properly and you are returning the expected structure as output. For example if you are using Java mapping as the first one your ouput should be exaclty like that of source structure with the values filled.

Regards,

Prakash