cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System log error message when try to connect to message server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a syslog entry, " Q0X Connection to client C of msg server closed as time exceeded". Research on SAP suggested a old note 73936. I am trying to find the root cause and resuire some guidance.The entries in dev_ms file shows the message:

***LOG Q0X=> MsSConnCheck, timeout (CX) [msxxserv.c 8032]

• ERROR => No MS_LOGIN within 300 seconds [msxxserv.c 8039]

• ERROR => Close connection to CX (XXX.XXX.X.XX), [XXX.XXX.X.XX] [msxxserv.c 8042]

How to narrow down whether it is caused by an incorrect client program or network issue? the ip address displayed in error message in dev_ms file is not listedin /etc/hosts files. Will that be causing the issue. Any help would be appreciated?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I found your question and solution posted which I am having the same error. Please provide your steps solution "I have located the application server trying to connect to message server and identifying the need for it to access the message server." Greatly appreciated. dh19614@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That timeout message occurred due to inactivity from the client side. First you need to identify what application is connected to your message server. May be it's not a problem at all and this application just doing nothing and since message server is terminating a connection between them. Then, if you want to increase the time for message server to wait for activity from the application part, increase ms/conn_timeout parameter (set to 300s by default).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike. I have located the application server trying to connect to message server and identifying the need for it to access the message server. Currently the parameter ms/conn_timeout parameter is already set to default value.

Thanks Again,

Basis Learner