cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data package/container size

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using MI and I have a little question about data packages sizes and container sizes.

If I use data packaging and the size very small, I read at help.sap.com that MI is sending 20 containers.

But how much data is sent by MI. What is the size of 1 container?

I ask this question because we have a little problem with the sizes of the data packages/containers.

So the major question is: What is the size of a container which is sent from MI to the Middleware (SAP WAS)?

How can I see the data I sent from MI to the middleware (SAP WAS) and how can I see if the packages are full ore not.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Bart Elshout

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello bart,

if you want to see the posted raw data in your MI server,

if you are using ABAP sync service, you can retrieve it

thru ICM, if you are using Java sync servlet, you can

see it on the J2EE engine which your sync servlet is running

via Visual Admin's log viewer.

> How can I see the data I sent from MI to the

> middleware (SAP WAS) and how can I see if the

> packages are full ore not.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your reply but we know what is happening. We are sending data with a 'don't fragment bit' from SAP Mobile Infrastructure and we want to sent it without this bit. So the message can be fragmented by the network.

Do you know if this is possible or if this is inside the MI framework?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello bart,

btw, im assuming that what we are talking here is data

from the MI client to gateway... which segment are you

referring to?

client -> sync gateway

or

sync gateway -> middleware

does this happen to both cases?

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

I think it is a problem from client --> sync gateway. But how can I check?

If I sync I get the message "Unexpected end of file from server". As far as I can see this problem is occuring because there is a router/switch/bridge/etc. on the network which is trying to fragment my data, but in the data package the "Don't fragment bit" is set. So there is an error message send back to my client.

We figured this out with sniffering on the data which is sent from the client and to the client.

Do you understand what I mean?

Thanks,

Bart

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have closed this thread because my other thread subject is describing the real problem.

Thanks all for your help and please reply on the other thread.

Regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please find the help from SAP:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/26/1f864007985537e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

You define how many containers are sent in one package, while one container has around 300 kb.

>A container consists of a header and a body,

>and is approximately 300 bytes large.

Just multiply...

Rgds THomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Do you know anything about a "Fragment Bit" which is set with sending data from SAP MI client to SAP WAS (middleware)?

The data is sent with a "Don't fragment bit" and one of our switches/routers or something in the network has to fragment our data, but the bit is set. So the MI client receives an error message (Unexpected end of file from server).

We want to set something in the SAP MI client which sais this datapacket may be fragmented so it can pass the network switches/routers/etc.

Can someone help us with this problem?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Bart Elshout