cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integration between the Project System (PS) and other R/3 application compo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need step by step instructions for Implementing in SPRO transaction for integrating between the Project System (PS) and other R/3 application components.

Many Thanks!

Yasar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yasar,

from my side i provide u the integration between PS & other modules in R/3.which may help you.

The R/3 Project System is an industry-neutral, complete solution for managing all tasks in a project. As a fully integrated component of the R/3 System, it supports all project phases working in harmony with other components such as FI-Accounting, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Production Planning and Human Resources.

PS closely integrates with the FI module where all costs and expenses related to the project are eventually recorded

An overhead project can settle eventually to one or multiple Cost Centers

Any business transaction involving finances, is reflected in the FI/CO, e.g confirmations of cost elements

PS orders material from MM via reservations. If there is no stock availability, a Purchasing Order can be generated

The MM provides the PS system with data from purchase requisitions, purchase orders and goods movement

An investment program created in IM can be linked to projects.

IM is used in capital investment projects as part of the budgeting of the whole program

Although budgeting can happen within PS, a more global functionality of budgeting is available from the Investment Management module

HR integrates with PS by providing the personnel distribution of the hours to the different tasks/work elements

HR provides PS the personnel resources needed to perform the activities - a profile match-up is made. It compares the qualifications needed for a task and qualifications that employee has and makes suggestions about possible assignees.

regards,

dipankar ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

I´m not quite sure of what you are referring at.

As far as I know, ther is no specific customizing to

be done in order to integrate PS with other applications as there is in QM, for example.

Can you please be a bit more precise?

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina, ghosh,

I work in mySAP PLM cProjects which is similar to PS in R/3 but it is a web based application where we use to link the R/3 system for accounting, objects links etc...

in transaction SPRO, from your replies i came to know that there is no need for such connections for PS is concerned, which is a R/3 application by itself.

Thanks & regards

Yasar