cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simply Application-to-Application Sample

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to create an SAP Object from our external application. I want to fill out some data in this object and then display the SAP GUI containing the created object. The code in our application can be written in C# or C++.

What is the simpliest way to do this?

Which technology should i use?

Where can i find an example?

Which documentation should i use?

Thanks for every response

Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what i want.

I want to start the R3 transaction within my C#/C++ code and then i want to view this transaction in the GUI and so the user can complete the transaction.

How do i start the transaction? Should i create a Web Service in R3? How do i do that?

Thanks Gerhard

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

You need to create a iView for that transcation and the same need to deployed in the portal. On requesting the URL thru HTTP request you will be able view the transcation in the IE.

I would advies you to post this query in Portal forum so that you will get a perfect and valuable answer rather than posting it in a XI forum. Or do search for a blog in Portal section you will find many.

Also check this links

/people/umair.salam/blog/2005/12/13/beginning-ep-development

/people/piyush.kumar7/blog/2006/05/08/portal-demystified--part-1

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I want to open SAP Gui screen with IE (so i want to use the WebGui from SAP).

yes, i will research for creating the object using a HTTP request.

Is there any example? I work the first time with SAP - so it's not so easy for me doing that.

Thanks, Gerhard

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

>>> want to open SAP Gui screen with IE (so i want to use the WebGui from SAP).</i>

This is what is the functionality of EP. There is no need to any extra application to be written in C++/C#. SAP Comes with Web Application Server and you just need to use the Portal functionality. You can use WebDynpro to develop screen or you can show the existing R/3 transcation in IE with out any other 3rd party application.

Visit here to more about EP

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/ep

Regards,

Prakash

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many ways you can achieve this, but please confirm that do you need to display SAP GUI screen in the application developed using C+/C#. Or you will have your own GUI and need to get the data from SAP. OR You are tying to post some data into R/3 using C+/C# and you need to see that created object by logging into SAP GUI.

1.If you are interested in creating some object (eg; sales order) in R/3you can use XI using IDOC or BAPI in the receiver side. From your C++/C# application you can send data either by HTTP request/SOAP Request/Save a File in some folder.

2. If you are interested in retriving data from R/3 you can always go for HTTP request/SOAP Request

3. Even if you are not at all intersted in XI the go for RFC call from the External system I mean using C++/C# with the help of librfc32.dll

The simplest way is to doing a HTTP request to XI form the C++/C# application.

Regards,

Prakash