cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Full ABAP Edition-Trial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am unable to install Full ABAP Edition-Trial.

When it comes to more than 80% (status message shows : initializing database connection), after sometime it starts uninstalling.

Then it shows a message prompting to see the error log. the error log file is as shown below.

Start of log********************************

(Oct 15, 2006 5:38:09 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Oct 15, 2006 5:38:09 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

(Oct 15, 2006 5:38:14 PM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Oct 15, 2006 5:38:14 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllUninstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:192)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.uninstall(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:313)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.processActionsFailed(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

(Oct 15, 2006 6:13:02 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Oct 15, 2006 6:13:02 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllInstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:177)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.install(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:268)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

End of log****************************

Can you guys (and gals ofcourse) please help me??

I have tried it 5 times atleast and everytime i have verified the system requirements.

I have installed loopback adapter, in other words i have done everything that is specified in the instructions.

Thanks and Regards,

Haseeb.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haseeb,

Have you looked into the C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt file?

What does it state? Are you sure the database is up and running and patched according to the documentation?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The log which i have attached before is the file you have asked for (C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt).

Regarding your other question, I have followed the steps exactly according the Installation Guide PDF.

Also the setup is not completed, after it finishes 80% it starts uninstalling. Sometime it shows the windows error dialog with the message 'sapcontrol.exe has encountered a problem' with the button send and don't send.

How do i check whether the database is up and running fine if the installation is not complete??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I have the same problem when I try to install SAP Netweaver. Does anybody solve the problem?

Thx

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

1. Disable your firewall, antivirus programs.

2. Check in windows services that there's no runing antivirus, firewall etc. service!! (Windows firewall neither)

3. There was a bug in the java version of NetWeaver so you had to set the time-zone of your pc to Berlin before the installation!! Maybe that was the problem with the ABAP version too. I've set it to Berlin.

4. AND j2sdk 1_4_2_08!!

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roland,

Sorry for late reply my net connection was not working for last 2 days.

Thanks a lot for the help, but theres another problem too. Actually last time i tried installing it because of that there are some traces of that in the system because of which it is giving an error that an instance of NSP exists please remove it.

I tried removing it using the tool on the SDN website but with no success. In desperation I installed Windows server 2003 and installed ABAP on it (by using your instructions), it installed successfully but I am not having the drivers because of which I am unable to use it.

Luck doesnt seem to be on my side.

Thanks a lot for your valuable help. It really got me in the right direction.

Do you have any other idea about how to remove the instance of NSP that exists on my system?

Benjamin, is your problem solved?

I think that you will have to perform one additional step in addition to the ones Roland specified. You will have to start the 'Server' and 'Workstation' services.

All the Best.

Thanks and Regards,

Haseeb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasseb,

If you are not able to remove it via registry cleaner tool then i would suggest you to remove it manually.First remove maxdb from controlpanel then delete all the datafiles and Sap folder which creates during installation and after that go to Registry and search SAP related folder and delete it.

Hope it Helps.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Haseeb,

I've got an application similar to Norton Ghost, so when the NSP installation stopped with java error, i've restored my win (nsp installer copies the uninstaller wizard at the end of the installation. IT'S A JOKE). Then i've deleted the installation folders manually. I agree with Subhash, you should clear the registry, then delete NSP and database folders.

Regards,

Roland

Message was edited by:

Roland Bajzá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i am getting the same problem. I have tried by disabling the virus scan and presonal firewall but no use. I see the following message in my Event log but the file HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\NSP\Environment is there in my system.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SAPNSP_00 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Cannot open Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\NSP\Environment (Error 2 ENOENT*: No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified. ) [ntservmgr.cpp 277].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

When do you get this message? I've checked

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\NSP\Environment in my registry. There are two entries

PATH D:\......\NSP\SYS\exe\run

SAPEXE the same on my pc

Check these paths!

"No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified"

Did you install the NSP successfully? Or would you like to reinstall it?

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

Sorry for the late response.

My installation of sap worked.

It was the firwewall. I shut them down and it worked.

<b>Thanks a lot!!!!</b>

<b>

This was my error message:</b>

(Nov 21, 2006 10:29:21 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file D:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details. (Nov 21, 2006 10:29:21 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

<b>If you have still problems with uninstalling SAP here is the way I did it:</b>

<u>1.</u> Delete folders “SAP” and “sapdb”. If you can not delete them, restart

your windows in “save mode”. Then it is possible to delete them (I

know it is not a sensitive method J ).

<u>2.</u> After that runt the RegCleanTool with prompt (sapstartsrv.exe –u --

this is the way you have to do it)

<u>3.</u> Then you can have a new try for installing SAP

Thanks again for your help

Bye

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In desperation reinstalled windows and installed it.