cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal to XI to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we have an interface in Production and the developer who has created this interface is not any more with our company.

We are encountering some problems with this interface(basically it is not working) and I am trying to understand this interface.

What I have understood so for is, On the portal side we are entering the SSN and it travels thru xi and goes to the Banking System and banking system returns back the credit History score to the Portal.

The banking system has been connected thru an Sync Receiver HTTP Adapter.

But I am confused how the Portal should have been connected to XI? I do see an HTTP Async Receiver Adapter between XI and Portal? My friend in the team says that Portal will not be normally connected to the XI, the request from portal will first go to an R/3 System then the R/3 will talk to XI? So confused, any ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It is not required to pass thru XI when portal to R/3 integration is required. But depends on the requierements sometimes we will go for XI.

EP -XI e.g:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I totally agree with Moorthy, it is not at all required to pass thru XI. But it ultimately depends on the requirement.

As far as I know there are 3 differnet ways that EP XI can be integrated...

1. Thru HTTP request from EP to XI

2. RFC call from EPR/3XI OR EP--XI

3. Client proxy EPR/3XI

In your case I think it should be HTTP --> XI as you are saying there is no Sender Adapter

Regards,

Prakash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood like this..Correct me if i am wrong....

PORTAL - XI - BANKING SYSTEM

>>>>I do see an HTTP Async Receiver Adapter between XI and Portal?

The HTTP Adapter you see might be for XI & BANKING SYSTEM.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss