cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching through segments for one value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to search through several segments (the screen variant) for a particular value. Then I need to map another field on that segment to my target.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using XSLT/JAVA/ABAP mapping for achieving this. If you post more details we can help you better.

If you are using Java/ABAP mapping all you have to do is traverse to that particular alue and map it. In case of XSLT mapping you just need to give the correct XPATH.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

We have a custom Idoc that contains data segments and and addition segment 1:N that contains all the screen variants with the structure of RSPARAMS. So if there are 10 parameters used to create the Idoc then there will be 10 segments, each with a name and value range.

This Idoc will be sent to XI and a file will need to be created on the target system. On of the RSPARAM segments will contain the company code/sales org. I need to be able to pull that particular segment value and map to a segment on the outbound message. This parameter value used to create the name of the file in the file adapter.

In other cases I may have to parameters that need to be captured to create the file name in the receiver system. Company code and date for example.

Can this be done with the graphical interface or do I need to write code?

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this can be doe using Graphial mapping but with the help of UDF. You might need to write some User Defined Function to achieve it. You can pass the whole queue into a Advanced UDF and then loop it.. find the right value based on what ever condition.

Regards,

Prakash

Answers (0)