cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config-time substitution of Communication Channel values

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize in advance if this is explained elsewhere (or it's so blindingly obvious that nobody has asked). I promise I looked.

NW04 SP17

Is there a way to do parameter substitution on values defined in a communication channel template, based on the business system that the channel is going to be assigned to at config time?

In case I got the terminology wrong, here's what I want to do. I have some CC templates defined for some SOAP services. In the template definition, I can add Target URL and SOAP Action attributes and assign a value to them that will be available on the config side later on. I want to use this template against a number of technical systems, each of which is going to have a different host portion of the Target URL.

What I would like to have is a way for the CC template to have a 'generic' hostname that is substituted for at config time by the actual hostname of the business system that the channel is going to connect to.

Is there a way to do that? Or is that a stupid question?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think there is a way to do this, depending on the XI SP level.

You might reference the following weblog, which uses the HTTP adapter as an example:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Then, in SAP Help, for JMS receiver config:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Look under "Adapter-Specific Message Attributes" for JMS-specific parameters.

Regards,

Bill