cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N:1 Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a mapping issue. In BPM i have to map 2 messages to 1.

1st Message----

Final Message

DataBatch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DataBatch

2nd Message

Password >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Password

Pls guide me on how i can achieve this in BPM.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your message mapping open messages tab

and and 2 messages (source) and one in target

do the mapping, create interface mapping and

add in your BPM

Regards,

michal

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Michal said..

You also need to add two interface in the source side and one interface in the target side of the interface mapping. And you will be using this interface mapping in the transformation step.

Check this blog for reference as this has some screen shots so it will be easy for you to understand

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

This might help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When i use N:1 mapping I get this error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">PL_TIMEOUT</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Timeout condition of pipeline reached</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

My BPM scenario starts with

Receive(M1,Sync) --> Tran1 ---> Trans2(M2+M1>M3) -- Send(Sync)

Pls advice

Regards,

Ashish

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Receive(M1,Sync) --> Tran1 ---> Trans2(M2+M1>M3) -- Send(Sync)

In the above steps from where the M2 message2 is comming? There is no Send/Receive step for that?

In the SXMB_MONI goto ProcessEngine, I mean click on PE and it will take you to the workflow of the BPM. Check where is the error.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sxi_monitor, click on PE corresponding to your entry.Check where the error is occuring. Is it in the N:1 mapping or in the send step(The error message you have posted, says XI adapter,which means error in the send step).

If the error is in the mapping:

Make sure that, in the N:1 mapping, the target occurence is also 0..unbounded.

Go to the messages tab, and change the occurence of the source and the target messages to 0..1/0..unbounded.

If the error is in the send step:

Make sure that the request message that being sent, is the same as the message that is being expected from the receiver. Same with the response message.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Smitha,

I checked the PE status in SXMB_MONI, The error is in 2nd mapping that is N:1 mapping.

When i try to change the Occurances for 2 source messages and one target messages and then activate it i get a error message "The occurances doesn't match with the delared message interfaces".

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Smitha why do i need 1 to unbounded on either side cause only one field from source1 and one filed in source2 is going to target.

Ashish

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As I said before did you do the necessary changes in Interface mapping as well? Please check the blog which I posted in my previous reply. When you are adding messages or changing the occurances in the vemessage mapping the respective change should also be made in Interface mapping. Firt try to do a Test in the interface mapping test tab by giving a sample data then you can use the same in BPM.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would have to change the occurances in the interface mapping as well.

Make sure that the message mapping works fine, after changing the occurences, by testing the message mapping and interface mapping in the repository.

Regards,

Smitha.