cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we change the IP Addess of SAP Server

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an XI instance on Windows 2000 Oracle box. CI and DI and XI instnace are on the same box.

I have to change the IP address of the server.

Can I do that?

I remeber having done a similar thing sometime ago and the SAP MMC no more shows the SAP instance. (I had to do a reinstall as I do not the measures to retireve it).

What is the remedy if I fall into this situation after changing the IP address?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

As i understand ur question CI and DI all are in a single machine.In that case u can change the ip address of ur Server as well as u have to change the entry in hosts file too.I m explaining my scenirio may be it helps.I have Installed XI on windows 2003 platform, all instance are in a single machine. Ihave installed it with microsoft loobback adapter and after installation i change the ip or my server and assigned the LAN ip which were connected to SAP server and it is running fine.

Hope it helps

Regards

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

If You're using hostname (not IP address) for CI, DI instances, everything will be fine. If You using IP addres, You must remember to change it after You change ID addres of Windows box.

You may check this parameters in transaction RZ10, *.properties files or instance profile files located in \usr\sap\inst_name\...\profile\

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski