Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf with password encryption

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we have an requirenment to send emails with sensitive data as a pdf attachment. How can i build a pdf during runtime from data in a SAP backendsystem and encrypt it with a password, so the person opening the pdf gets promopted to enter a password?

regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

unfortunately, you can not with SAP Interactive Forms.

The feature you are looking for is an Adobe Acrobat security feature. What SAP has implemented together with Adobe is a subset of <b>forms</b>-related features available on various Adobe server products from the LiveCycle family. Acrobat is <b>not</b> part of this integration and will not be part in the future.

To protect SAP-generated PDF forms in the way you suggest, you would need Adobe LiveCycle Policy Server, one of their stand-alone products.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

thank you very much for the ultra quick reponse I am currious, how would such an integration with an Adobe LiveCycle Policy Server look like.

Would the pdf file be generated in the SAP system and send to this policy server, where it gets encrypted and then send back to the SAP system?

regards,

Markus

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand it, that's the essential idea.

An Adobe partner in the US has apparently built a prototype for such a setup. As this is an Adobe product and I don't know a lot more about it, I will get my Adobe colleagues in Product Management to contact you directly. Is that OK for you?

Cheers

Markus

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hell yea! Many thanks again Markus

My email is klein -at- abs-team.de

cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Adobe Policy Server is a server product that allows you to protect PDF files. Protecting means define who can open the PDF, print it, add or remove pages or save it and other things. These rights can also be revoked later. To implement the protection access to a LDAP or Microsoft Active Directory implementation is needed.

We support different interfaces to apply policies to a PDF like watched folders, web services or a Java API.

The following URL contains links to in depth information like system requirements, data sheets and so on.

http://www.adobe.com/products/server/policy/

Please let me know if you need further information.

Regards

Juergen Hauser

Adobe Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to confirm whether the user can save the interactive PDF docs in his/er s/m.

The present scenarios (the present option seems to take print for back up) and this thread seems to imply that its not possible.

Thank you very much.

Kindly confirm.

Rgds,

Anto.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is s/m?

Cheers,

Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops.. i meant - to save the doc in the user's desktop as a back up copy.

Thank you,

Anto.

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

thank you very much for the answer. Just that i got that right. If you apply a password-protection to pdf files it will use the user/password from an connected LDAP-Server for the encryption?

regards,

Markus

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that works.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also trying to do the PDF with password protection in our SAP system. can you please give me some inputs how to proceed in this regard.

thanks in advance.

Regrads,

Satheesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reply the solution for - sending PDF thru email with password protection in our SAP system

0 Kudos

please provide solution for how to set password for .pdf file using ADS server?

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

I am in urgent need of the solution. request your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Manu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member653066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all...

i have an urgent requirement that "convert  a smartform into pdf(pdf should be password protected).

IS der any ideas,,,,

plzz share me..

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

please provide solution for how to set password for .pdf file using ADS server?