Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE ADAPTER ISSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I need some help on a file adapter with FTP protocol,

I need to archive the file on my XI ser but also I have to leave the original folder in the source FTP.

Any Idea?

Regards

Noelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

If I have got you right you want to save the being sent, in both XI server and in the original folder from where it is being sent.

If that is the case then i just checked up,

In sender file adapter, select 'Processing Mode' as 'Archive', then below it you have a option to select both the target directory where you want to save the file and also an option to save it on XI server. Just select both and it should work.

Pls let me know if this solved your issue.

Cheers,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashish,

Many thanks for your help, but I don´t Know how to do it, I´m on SP15. I have to option when I select Archive in the processing mode, I have two options below those are:

Archive directory

Archive files on FTP Server

But this is only for Archive files in the folder

Regards

Noelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Noelia,

In my opinion the solution is in communication channel.

If the file is in your XI server you can live him there with "READ ONLY" option.

If you want to transfer him you can choose the "archive option"

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The file is not in the XI server, It is in a different server I have to access it by FTP. My issue is that I have to leave the original file on the source FTP folder and also leave a copy on the XI server.

Many thanks!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

since it's not possible to do it in standard

you can use "set read only"

option (which will leave the file) and create the archive

in an adapter module (of course you need to write it youself and this will store the XML archive)

Regards,

michal