cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy - Copy parameters afterwards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After doing a system copy from our Production system to our QA system, I now have the PROD parameters in QA.

How do I copy and rename these to QA.

Do I need to copy the files at the OS level and rename them. Then import them into SAP from RZ10.

Many thanks,

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to RZ10 and delete the production profiles and save it. Then based on current instances-> generate. The QA ones will be generated automatically if they were not moved.

You copied just the databse over right? the filesystems were not touched right?

also, go to rz04-> instances/operation modes and delete prod instance, save and then generate new one again and save.

You also have to dop the ops$adm user from production at database level and create QA one.

let me know of u need anything else.

Regards

Cyrus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - found out - jsut system. thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cyrus. I have deleted the old Production ones and importe the exiting QA ones from the OS.

I needed to make a change to one of the parametes due to a short dump. Do I need to restart the system and server or just the system.

many thanks again,

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, to be honest there are a lot of steps that you need to do after a copy, like adjusting STMS again.

The best thing is to refer to teh homogeneous system copy guide which you can get on OSS and go step by step.

But the major tasks are what I already mentioned.

Regards

Cyrus