cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single dev_w* trace files sometimes grow to enormous size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Some times we find that a developer trace file grows to enormous proportions within a few hours. All the dev_w* might still be within reasonable standard sizes, but for some reason you might then find one or two of the trace files that has grown to hundreds of megabytes or over a Gig.

This then might cause the logical volume/disk to fill up.

We then manually have to go and cancel the work process and delete the trace file.

Do you know of any parameter or setting I can use to limit the size of the developer trace files or a report I could use to automatically do what we do manually?

Thanks

Adriaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When a developer trace is turned on for any particular WP say WP DIA 08, then its trace files dev_w8 increase enormously with in a short span of time. These WP trace can be trigerred remotely and lead to such situation. Choose the WP and set the Trace options to default. From the message posted I am not sure whether you are aware of any such WP trace is turned on in your system. If you want to control anyone turning on the WP trace level remotely, there are two parameters you can set to stop such activities. Please explain if this answers your question or entirely different. SAP recommends not to leave the trace On all the time.