cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any BADi to check fields at vendor creation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

At Vendor creation, i would like to make some checks in a field that would display an error message. I would like to know if there's any badi which exist to make theses controls? I can change the abap code standard, but if there's a badi to do this it is better...

Thank you for your response.

Peggy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peggy,

As far as i know, there is no badi for this .

Kind regards,

Yann

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You could try the badi BBP_GET_VMDATA_CF. two methods are avaible for creation and update. I guess filling message table with error message should abort the creation/update.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response but i don't think so. the badi BBP_GET_VMDATA_CF is a badi BAdI for Replication of Customer Fields, it doesn't seem to concern vendors...

One more, it doesn't contain any method...

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes designed for CUF, but the error message the 2 methods return are checked. There is also a export parameter to tell if the business partner should be created despite of error message.

return error message and this parameter to blank, the vendor won't be created.

And you don't need to have cuf to call this badi.

Check the badi documentation for more information.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pierre

I didn't know this Badi is still useful even if it doesn't concern customer fields. so thank you for this information.

But the 2 methods are GET_DATA and UPDATE_DATA. There's no "CHECK_DATA" method. so i can suppose that i can control and add specific checks and specific messages...

Peggy.