Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing file to RFC using BPM with the help of this weblog

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit .

Now I stoped at Integration Process step. Which messages Interfaces I have to assign to which step.. and also the messages were not coming in the send step.. So can any one send me step by setp process...

Regads,

Mukharji.

mukharji2006@yahoo.co.in

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are three message interfaces.

FileInputAsynch_ABS--->FileInput

FileOutputAsynch_ABS--->FileOutput

FileSynch

For RFC no need to create any message interface.

For interface mapping you can use File Synch and RFC name as the interfaces and select the request and response message mappings.

In BPM

Receive step : FileInput (to receive from file)

Send Synchronous: FileSynch (to call RFC)

send: FileOutput (to send to file)

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheer.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use abstract message interfaces in the BPM steps. The receive step of the BPM will use the file request abstract async interface, the send steps will use the corresponding(sync/async) abstract interfaces for the RFC and the file accordingly. If you are doing the mapping inside the BPM then make sure your Interface mapping uses the right abstract interfaces.

Regards,

Chandra

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to create abstract Message Interfaces for every step of your BPM.

The Message Interfaces you use depends on where you are doing your message mapping.

For instance, if the file req to RFC req mapping is done outside the BPM, create the ABS Message Interface for the RFC request message and use it in your Receive Step.

Next, Send Synhronous , you need an ABS message interface for the RFC response and the mapping of the rfc response to the file response if done outside the BPM , will require only 2 ABS message interfaces, one for RFC req and other for RFC response.

Regards,

Bhavesh