cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator Batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting (-201 General Connection Error" when calling SyndicatorBatch from the command line.

Helpful answers will be duly rewarded.

-

C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Syndicator Batch>SyndicatorBatch -f company.xml -s "garner" -p 2000 -u Admin -r "English [US]" -n Company_Map -a "Ads"

Syndication error.

(-201) General connection error.

-

The values for the parameters are

-f The name of the syndication file - company.xml

-o Overwrite the syndication file if it exists

-s The name of the MDM Server where the source MDM repository is loaded* - garner

-p The port number for the source MDM repository - 2000

-u The user name for logging into the source MDM repository - Admin

-r Repository language and region to use for syndication (e.g. English [US])

-n The name of the syndication map to execute - Company_Map

-a The name of the destination client system - Ads

Thanks,

Adhappan Thiagarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adhappan:

I think you should not use "" for anything but the language. Also, make sure you leave a blank space between English and [US]

So try removing the "", just keep them on the language

Greetings

Alejandro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adhappan,

Ensure that host "garner" is accessible from the host which you are invoking syndicatorbatch and Port 2000 is not blocked by firewall.

A simple ping and telnet test should tell you if it is ok.

Also ensure that the repository on port 2000 does not have any password for "Admin "

HTH

--

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please clarify the parameters

For Client System Name should I include the <b>Name</b> or the <b>Code</b> of the Client System?

I can successfuly ping the server.

There is no password for Admin in the repository on port 2000.

Why should I open the port 2000? I am able to connected via the GUI clients without opening the port.

Is there a document to open the port?

Thanks,

Ads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use code instead of name of the client system.

If you are running syndicator batch from the same machine where your MDM Server resides, you don't need to do any firewall to open port.

If you are running syndicator batch from a different machine ensure that from client, you are able to connect to MDM Server. If you already have connection via GUI client, you already have access to it.

Standard configuration on Win 2003 box, firewall is disable by default. On any *nix, you may have to see if any firewall program is running. Since you are able to connect via GUI, that part is working well.

These are some un-documented network issues and not just related only MDM.

HTH

--

Venkat