cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 to External R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to send an IDOC to an External R/3(Need to cross the fire wall) system to the IDOC PORT. NO MAPPING IS required.

How should I create the Receiver IDOC Adapter? How do I define the RFC Destination? How should I Define the PORT Definition? Should I need to define this External R/3 System in my SLD as a Business System, or it is sufficient to include that in the Business Service?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jenni,

These are the steps you would need,

><i>How do I define the RFC Destination</i>

In XI --> T code --> SM59 --> create new RFC destination and give the system and log on details.

><i>How should I Define the PORT Definition?</i>

in XI -->IDX1 , create a new port and provide the RFC destination of previous step here.

><i>How should I create the Receiver IDOC Adapter?</i>

In the IDOC adapter. give the RFC destination and the port you have created above.

><i>Should I need to define this External R/3 System in my SLD as a Business System,</i>

Yes, you need to do this. Create a technical system ,add the clients to the technical system and then create the business system pointing to the correct client/ logical system

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

you have to create an RFC destination via transaction SM59, RFC destination to an R3 system, the receiver.

Then create an IDoc port (IDX1) for that system using the RFC destination already created and then import the Idoc metadata (IDX2) from the receiver.

On the adapter you have to insert the Idoc port and the RFC destination.

Yes, you have to define the system in the SLD as a business system.

For further details take a look at these links:

Configuration steps required for posting idoc's(XI)

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Port mantainance:

Maintaining Ports

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3b/beb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

IDoc Adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/bdb13b00ae793be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Kind Regards,

Sergio