cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles / Security guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone:

Im administrating a demo SAP Web App Server Java/ABAP and I'd like to know about security but in specific about roles needed for main tasks, for instance, what permissions are needed for an ABAP Developer, XI user, Portal admin, etc, I don't want to give SAP_ALL to everyone.

Is there any guide / place where I can check this out? not really a guide to Fully Secure SAP Applications, but just about roles needed for each use.

Thanks!

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you want to restrict the authorization and dont want to assign all the users with sap_all it is better to create a customized role for this. There is a way , which i find cinvinient is with a user with sap_all authorization first do all the transactions u wnat to include in the new role. While executing the transactions put the user under authirization trace. U can do this via tcode st01.Whent he tracing is completed u will get a list of all the objects hit for executing the desired tcodes. Create a new roll by assigning all these objects.

Try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, I'll try it out

Thanks!

Alejandro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro

the security guides are found in help.sap.com -> SAP ERP ... .> ERP central component -> mySAP ERP Security Guides.

regards,

Andreas R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

The following link would provide some inpouts on Portal roles and preconfigured role concepts in portals. Please have a look and check for any helpful inputs over there.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f6/2604e505fd11d7b84200047582c9f7/frameset.htm

Hope it helps in ur quest,

Award points if helpful,

Br,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri:

I actually meant if there's a guide for a WebAs administrator, let's say, besides the predefined roles and their permissions, what happens when I want to create new roles, based on technical/functional decisions, which roles should I pick for them.

Let's say, I want a developer Java + ABAP user, so he needs permissions / roles A, B and C

Is there anything like that available?

Thanks!

Alejandro