Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache Issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had some issues with Livecache yesterday. I got following SM21 messages -

LC10 BY2 Database error -9807 at CON

LC10 BY0 > Too many users (task limit)

I could get to LC10 and see the status of the LiveCache and it was green. But when I tried to check the OMS Versions or any other things which needs to go to DB, it gave me same error as above. So I went to DBM GUI and went to Information button - Sessions. It gave me the same database error.

I had to restart the LiveCache because of time and it worked fine.

I still do not know what the issue was but I think if I had some hung sessions and all cleared after restart.

Is there any way to find anything using dbmcli command?

This is what I tried to find the sessions and could not get to work...

"dbmcli -d LCQ -u control,control db_cons shta" and it give me following error "-24964,ERR_EXECUTE: error in program execution"

How can I execute this. The problem is with last "db_cons shta". Once this is successful, I would have liked use ".........db_cons cancel <task_index>" to cancel them.

Can anybody please help me out?

I will appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Sume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just FYI.

This Livecache is on AIX.

Thank you.

SC

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the -9807, too many users error normally means that the maximally configured number of users (i.e. sessions) (parameter MAXUSERTASK) has been reached.

The x_cons command you tried has a small typo (missing blank):

x_cons <SID> sh ta

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much and I was able to run the command.

My main goal was to find a task type "Utility" Task, which is already in use by a DBM client. I found one marked as Utility in the Task Type column.

I will use the command

dbmcli -d LCQ -u control,control db_cons cancel <task_index>

I hope I am using a correct syntax.

My question is that what is <task_index>? Is it the value in first column <b>ID</b> or the value in <b>UNIX tid</b>?

My error at DBM GUI level was different but somewhat similar as follows -

Once this is cancelled, is it going to start the session automatic like our WP in SM50 or do I have to do anything else as well?

Error 24988 - sql error [util_connect ...]; 1,task limit - an other session already connected in UTL mode.

That is why I wanted to try canceling this and see if this helps.

Please let me know.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you again for a prompt reply.

Sume

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

the Utility task (normally task number 5, i.e. T5) will only be connected during 'special' situations, like backups, verify etc. If a backup is running, no other actions involving the Utility task may run, you would get the error message you already had.

You could check the dbm.utl file to see if such an action is already active. I would recommend <b>against</b> cancelling this task, without checking why it is running, or where it is hanging.

With the <task_index> the first column ID is meant, i.e.

dbmcli -d LCQ -u control,control db_cons cancel T5

or

x_cons LCQ cancel T5

---

You can get more information about the task status through:

x_cons LCQ sh t_c T5

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again for detail reply.

The issue was not the one I was thinking.

I checked few things using the above commands.

The issue was that Livecache was getting full, almost 99.9% and giving these messages. I increased the size and seems to be stable now. I will update the forum if any new issue comes.

Thank you.

Sume

Answers (0)