cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: R3 RFC -> XI -> External Webservice..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Need some help with R3 RFC sending info via external webservice to a third party system. I understand this can be done via XI.

This is my scenario...

1) I have created the RFC in R3

2) I have the wsdl,target url and the soap action for the external system.

I read the posts and I understand that some configuration has to be done in R3 and XI to achieve this...

For R3 - I am having a problem understanding how to register the program id which I'm supposed to provide while creating the rfc destination(sm59). I know I have to use sm54 but the values to be maintained are not clear. This is what I'm trying to put in...

Dest. program id (which i also put in the SAP sender adapter in XI)

LU <my sap server>

TP wht should i put here?

Log I or E?

Gateway host <my gateway>

Gateway service <sapgwxx>

Trace OFF

In XI - I don't know where to start and what transactions to use. How do I create a communication channel? Do I have to start by configuring a scenario?

Do I have to add a technical & business system in XI?

I know these might be obvious questions...and maybe its all there in front of me. Just a bit confused and don't know where to start...

Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Regards,

Veer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Thanks for your reply.

It has been of great help.

I'm still having problems with the program id for the rfc destination setup. The tp_register value is not found. I tried smgw, sm54, etc...but all in vain.

I went thru numerous posts & the replies provided for the same. Do I have to register my program id with SAP in the same manner we register users/objects?

I have another issue..

My XI adapter list does not show the soap adapter in the drop down when i try to create a new communication channel. I got a url on SAP notes thru which i tested the SOAP service and it says there was one active for the host:port.

Need help.

Do I have to create a namespace & make a SLD entry for the external webservice I'm trying to send data to?

All I have from the external system is the target url & the wsdl. How should I start testing my solution?

I know, first I have to get my RFC connection issue solved and need your help on the same.

- Veer.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>Do I have to register my program id with SAP in the same manner we register users/objects?</i>

The program ID can be anything. No Registration Needed. Just ensure that the program ID in the TCP IP connection in R3 and then RFC adapter in XI are the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

bhavesh,

thanks for your reply.

another problem - when i try to create the channel config using the template - all i get is a non-configurable rfc receiver record.

how can i create the rfc sender adapter info? can u give me the exact steps to access/configure the rfc sender adapter? i'm tryin to do this in the intergration repository: design mode under channel communication.

regards,

veer.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

To configure RFC sender Adapter in XI check this link-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

Do these steps in the Integrtaion directory , not in the repository

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I've tried everything.

All the posts & SAP notes and am still not able to get this thing working.

I have a similar rfc destination configured with standard sap prog id which works fine.

Can I use the same prog id in my rfc destination?

Regards,

Veer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Thanks for your response but I am still facing the same problem.

I use the comm. channel template and select the RFC adapter in the drop down list.

As soon as I do this, I get a non-configurable reciever rfc.

Can you give me some more details?

Regards,

Veer.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Integration Directoy and create a Communication Channel under Business System. When you do this, choose RFC adapter and then select teh Option Button "Sender"

I think this will help you to do..

Regards,

moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add on to previous post- /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

In XI:

1) SLD entry - for Business sytems/technical system etc

2) In tegratioN Repository-First you need to design your objects in the IntegratioN Repository. ( Data Types, Message Types, Message Interfaces, Mapping, Interface Mapping and import the RFC and WSDL structures )

3) IntegratioN Directory- Create aScenario, Comunication channel etc

Go thru this blog-Series

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check this blogs

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Program ID you can give any name and there is no need for registration. First start with communication channel as when you do a Test connection from R/3 in SM59 it will fail for sure.

You can also check this thread

Thanks,

Prakash