cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Namespaces organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know what is a namespace and I have already read almost all the threads here about it. My question is regarding the context of namespaces in Integration Repository. I have a software component X, and I add to it the namespace "http://test.namespaces/mynamespace". Then, I create a new software component and add to it the same namespace. Unfortunately, it is possible! Does it mean that the namespaces and the software components aren´t related? By this way, I can use the same namespace for all software components I have in my landscape... so, why this is necessary? Is there a way to control centrally the creation of namespaces?

thanks!

roberti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right that you can use the same namespace. In some ceses you have to (e.g. coping the content of full SWCV). All objects in repository are indentified by great triple SWCV, namespace and object name. There is no way to control namespaces centrally. Actually namespace is another container for your design objects.

regards,

wojtek

Message was edited by: Wojciech Gasiorowski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

But if I create two SWCV, put in the same namespace, create in each one a data type called "test", with different fields, I will have two data types with the same name, in the same namespace, with different content. Probably in a big team it will cause problems, somebody could use the wrong data type if don't pay close attention to the name of SWCV, or it would not be common (I really don't have experience working in practice with it) ?

thanks!

roberti

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

This is something like directory structure .

For E.g SWC is in Higher level

Then SWCV

then Namespace..

SO namespace will come under SWCV ...

<i>I will have two data types with the same name, in the same namespace, with different content.</i>

>>>You can not have 2 data types with the same name in the same namespace.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please remember that first level of organizing in IR is software component version. And on them you should base your development. You can treat namespace as a subcontainer of SWCV.

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Thank you all for the insights!

Alex, I already know about the dependencies in SLD, it is not about it, thanks for your "re-read" answer!

Moorthy, ok, I understood your explain about the structure SWCV/Namespace/object. What I said about the two data types with same name, same namespace and different content, they are in different SWCV too this was the point.

Wojtek, very helpful to!

Anybody has already worked with web services? In the WS world, the namespace is absolute over everything. First, I thought it was the same in IR, but now with your help I can understand the differences. Thank you!

cheers!

roberti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I strongly advice you to read this webblog:

/people/thorsten.nordholmsbirk/blog/2006/07/25/structuring-integration-repository-content--part-1-software-component-versions

Regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wrote

It is a very good blog... unfortunately he didn't wrote the sequence blogs...

cheers!

roberti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOrry just re read the question.

Namespaces are unique workspaces. You can have many name spaces with the same name in different SWCV's and many data types the same etc. What makes the namespace unique and the workspace unique is in fact the SWCV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if this is what you are asking but you can map between 2 different SWCV's in the same namespace by creating a dependency in the SLD.

If this is what you are looking for let me know and I will give a detailed description on how to do this