cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am in the process of understanding the SAP SRM system as we plan to implement it soon and have a sandbox system in place. We have no MM implemented at the moment. We plan to start off with indirect procurement. We plan to have a few catalogs that use online and our employees would be able to order from them. I have a few questions regarding self-service procurement scenario.

1. Can the Purchase orders be created in the backend without a material master available?

2. How important is the IPC (the relevance of IPC)?

3. Is it possible to suppress some of the fields on the shopping cart ordering screen?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Robert G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

1-yes

2- mandatory for local and ECS scenario

3- yes through screen variant or badi

Kind regards

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann,

Couple of more questions.

1. Can't the prices be picked up from the catelog itself? And also wanted to know how if the items would be created in as general indirect material(free text)? As I was saying there is no material master in our present system.

2. Should all the vendors(suppliers/business partners) exist in the backend R/3 system as well?

Thanks,

Robert G

mani_sreedharala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Robert,

1. Yes, the prices will be picked up from Catalog.

2. Yes, all the vendors(suppliers) should be present in R/3 for which you are creating PO's from a Shopping Cart. If you are creating a Purchase requisition from a shopping cart then it is not madatory that a vendor to be present in SRM.

Hope this information will be helpful to you.

Regards,

Mani

Answers (0)