cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem consuming web service with basic authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've set up a web service with basic authentication. Although I have to log in before being able to open the overview page of the web service in the Web Service Navigator, the response I get after sending a request is:

Authority check failed

I get this response in the Web Service Navigator as well as when consuming the web service via standalone proxy classes.

The following is strange, too: It is not possible to change authentication in the generated logical port. It is set to "none". I changed it via the XML file where I added the properties "AuthenticationMethod" (value "BasicAuth") and "AuthenticationMechanism" (value "HTTP"). But I got the above response anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this thread

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NetWeaver 2004s, WebAS 7

The web service itself is a function module that is programmed in ABAP. I want to consume the web service with a standalone java client.

Do you need more details? If yes, which ones?

@Mukesh: Sorry, the problem discussed there is related to mine, but there is no solution that would help me.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I can see you can use the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/e9/ae1b9a5d2cef4ea4b579f19d902871/frameset.htm">Service Definition Wizard</a> as described in the manual to either use basic authentication or with client certificates.

Which one did you use?

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used basic authentication for my web service.

I was able to obtain a hardcopy of the logfiles in the meantime. The invocation of the web service is stored there with the following error messages:

<i>SOAP Runtime: Exception message: Schwerer Prozessierungsfehler macht eine SOAP-Fault-Behandlung erforderlich

SOAP Runtime: SOAP Fault exception occurred in program CL_SOAP_RUNTIME_SERVER========CP in include CL_SOAP_RU NTIME_SERVER... [the picture is cut here]</i>

In addition to that I found a thread in SDN that dealt with exactly the same problem:

But I have the same problem like Kimberly Carmack (the last post on the second page). We do not have that role in our system.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If that is the case, I guess you wopn't get around support...

Regards,

Benny

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Could you please let us know your version of NetWeaver and some more details, like Technology etc.?

Regards,

Benny