cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver determination without setting sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My problem: In my scenario I will have many sending business systems which should be all processed in the same way. Usually I have to create a receiver determination and interface determination for each sender. I want to configure a generic routing: If a specific interface arives: Do that and that independent from which business system the message was sended, so I don't have to configure each business system.

In the receiver agreement it is possible to set * as sender. When I try to do this in receiver determination and interface determinition, in the receiver determination no interface determination is found.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

note that while creating a Recv. det.; you cannot specify * for the sender interface and namespace but the sender service can take the value *.

You can make generic in case say i have multiple R3 clients A,B,C .... Z and each of them might sent in a IDOC XYZ so u can specify * in the sender and then XYZ in the interface and its corresponding namespace.

also the same can be acheived in recv. agr. and sender agr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my late answer

I have two cases to solve:

IDoc (different types) to mail. With the wildcards (*) and a dynamic receiver configuration in a mail adapter module and a message mapping which gets the neccessary data for that, this works now without any "hard" configuration of sending business systems

The other case is more difficult: I receive a mail and have to determine the receiver dynamically by XPath-Expressions in the Receiver Determination. That is no problem, now nearly everything works without special configuration by using the wildcards. Only the receiver agreement has to be configured "hard" with the receiving business system.

But I'm not really sure if this is possible to solve. Maybe with dynamic configuration?

Best regards,

Daniel

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Which SP level are you on? SP 16 and above you can use Enhanced Receiver Determination to solve the Hard Coding of the receiver in the second mail to * interface.

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

we use SP18, therefore it should work. Thanks for the link to the blog. That seems to fit exactly my needs

Best regards,

Daniel

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Great to hear that :-). I am still on Sp14 , and have never had the opportunity to work on that. But, it sure seems to be very useful..!!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

the dynamic receiver determination is running properly, but there is still a hard coded part in the configuration:

The receiver agreement. It has to be filled with the communication channel which should be used depending on the message type.

Is there a way to configure that dynamically?

Best regards,

Daniel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

One solution would be to write an Adapter Module that will use Dynamic Configuration to get the Interface Name and Interface Namespace. Check if the Interface Name is the common Interface Name and if yes, use the Dynamic Configuration paramters to change the Sender Business SYstem name to the Business System for which the reciver determination has been actually created.

Is this feasible?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying deleting the values in the "select criteria" in the new window which appears when we try selecting the sender interface.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the scenario Idoc => XI => third party? If it is then you can manipulate the business system in the R/3 before sending the idoc. There is some user exit where you can change the bs to be more suitable.