cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add JTextField (swing component) to view layout?

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gurus,

How do I add a Swing component like JTextField to my layout view.?

For readers who are curious as why I want to do this when I have a InputField UI element in Webdynpro, the simple reson beign I want to have the lostFocus functionality of JTextField into my Webdynpro application.

Kindly bail me out.

regds,

S Rudra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you serious?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too had an itch to reply with something like this

This is a sign of work well done!

The WD has so strong UI abstraction, that hides client-server nature applications almost completely. If you search forum, you will even find posts where developers try to upgrade value of ProgressMeter in <b>for</b> loop )

VS

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz do not undestand me in wrongly. I will try to expalin the requirement in more detail. I need to develope a webdynpro screen, where an a values entered into multiple InputField is summed upto into a readonly TextField. Since Webdynpro does not provide eventing related to lostFocus, I was just thinking of embedding a JTextFiled and achieve the same. If some one has a diffrenet approach to problem, plz do help me out.

regds,

S Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can only be achieved by explicitly triggering an action on the server, so you have to add some UI element like a button or link with an action to update the summary field.

Additionally, you could assign an action to the InputField.onEnter event which is triggered when the ENTER key is pressed inside the field.

Armin

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to update. Now that i know a little more about WebDynpro and HTMLB, I would never tyr to put a swing UI element into an iview. In fact webdynpro contains all such controls.

regds,