cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I integrate SAP R/3 with an external system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I've run into a problem integrating SAP R/3 with an external system. The external system provides a webservice, and when I try to get WSDL file from that service, I am getting asked of authorization and when I authorize, I get error 500. The access is anonymous, as I'm being told. When I try to get just a response, server requests authorization. No matter what login and password I supply, I always get error 401 saying I'm not authorized.

I think the ICF is somewhat misconfigured, but how do I configure it? Or maybe there's a problem with requests I send. I don't know.

Please help!

Regards, Dima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of R/3 you are on?

<i>The external system provides a webservice, and when I try to get WSDL file from that service, I am getting asked of authorization and when I authorize, I get error 500.</i>

where is this happenning? while trying to import the wsdl to create client proxy in ABAP?

did you try the wsdl url from browser? whats happenning then?

Is this webservice is on internet or intranet?

for accessing internet , do you go via proxy server?

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

The links you gave me aren't helpful, but thanks anyway.

Here's some more info: I am writing a program for a local railways company. The task is to transmit data from SAP tables as XML data to an external system which evaluates tariffs and receive a XML document back (with all those tariffs evaluated). I cannot use XI or J2EE, I need to write it on ABAP.

I've got an URL of external system, it's host name, port, and XML structures.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't provide any info on how you want to cosnume the web service, but pls check things like

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/04/21/webservice-navigator-page-for-abap-and-java

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/04/27/webservice-navigator-page-for-abap-and-java-part-2--abap-unit

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/05/13/calling-webservices-from-abap-via-https

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/17/bsp-a-developers-journal-part-xiv--consuming-webservices-with-abap

Eddy

PS.

Put yourself on the SDN world map (http://sdn.idizaai.be/sdn_world/sdn_world.html) and earn 25 points.

Spread the wor(l)d!