cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I am using a file adapter to fetch a file, I have a input file in a shared folder and I specified the path correctly I guess: Source Dir :
systemname\folder\

but I dont think the file adapter is fetching the file ... could you guys give me some suggestions on this pls..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the protocol used ? NFS/FTP ?

If it is FTP server, make sure that, it is accessible from XI server.

If it is NFS, checkout are you able to retrieve the fetch the file from Folder? For this

1) Check the Adapter Monitoring

2) Check if you are using any content conversion for any errors

3) check the Log in the Visual Admin->Log Viewer

Also make sure that file and folder has enough permission(read/write/execute) to fetch the file from XI

Regards

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, I tried with delete mode, and the other problem that I am having is I cant c any msgs in the monitoring.

Moorty, I am using NFS, I have given full permissions. The other problem is I am unable to see any msgs in monitoring.

Your help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In the Component monitoring-> Go to your Adapter Engine and choose communication channel monitoring, and check whether your file adapter is active or not.

sometimes though you activate the communication channel in the IB Configuration due to some problems with the adapter engine your Comm channel will be started but in inactive state. Check this.

Regards,

Chaitanya.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

A few things which are worth checking are:

1) The Ip address given is correct.

2) The login details given in File receiver adpater are right

3) The server is running when you make the transfer, that is 'Allow logins' status is checked in case of guild FTP server or similar servers.

4) The destination directory is given as "/root" with "/" slash. If its a FTP server then the file needs to be in root folder.

5) All the firewalls are turned off.

6) File processing mode is 'Delete' to be sure your file is being picked up..

Cheers,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

1. In your file adapter, make the mode as Delete. So, if your file is picked by the file adapter, it will be deleted and you will know that the file has been deleted.

2. Check the Adapter Monitoring for the status of the file adapter. XI Homepage > Runtime Work Bench>Componenet Monitoring--> Adapter Engine --> Adapter Monitoring.

You will be able to see the status of your file adapter.

3. Use T Code - SXMB_MONI to check if There is an entry in the Integration Engine.

Regards,

Bhavesh