cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement BRBACKUP/BRARCHIVE on an AS-JAVA platform??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have just installed a NW2004S environment (AS-JAVA and EP Portal) which is distributed - Central Services Instance and database on one server, Central instance on another, dialog instance on a third - running an Oracle 10.2 database. The operating system is SLES9.

I cannot get BRBACKUP to run at all - either from BRTOOLS or even from a command line. I am getting an ORA-942 error - table or view is missing.

I have managed to run a BRARCHIVE from a command line but when I run it from BRTOOLS, although it does save the redo logs OK, I also receive the ORA-00942 error for each file.

I have run the SAPDBA_ADDITIONAL.SQL script in OSS851169 which creates the SDBAH and SDBAD tables, but I am still getting an ORA-942 error stating that a table or view does not exist.

I have reviewed numerous OSS notes - 851169 / 400241 plus others, but still cannot get this to work.

Has anyone struck a similar problem to this, and have a step-by-step process as to how this should be set up for a JAVA-stack only install?

TIA for any assistance.

Regards.....John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Did you ever get this problem resolved? We are having the same issue. We also tried the notes you mentioned and we ran the SQL script but we still have the same issue. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nick Wells

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we were working the same issue (also "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges" when running "brconnect -u / -c -f stats/check" + the error you described).

I have the slight feeling, that as the tables are only created by the "...additional..." - script the grants are not present if you ran the "sapdba_role.sql" before.

So the sequence which was working for us:

1) Get the latest version of both sapdba_role.sql and sapdba_additional.sql (older versions might not be sufficient)

2) Run sapdba_role.sql

3) Run sapdba_additional.sql

4) Run the following two grants "/as sysdba"

grant select, insert, update on SAP<SID>DB.SDBAH to sapdba;

grant select, insert, update on SAP<SID>DB.SDBAD to sapdba;

Cheers,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I had a simular problem and run the script attached to note 849141. This seems to havr fixed the problem

Regards

Hans