cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-RFC; How to control the response from RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on an interface between MDM and XI, where I am using FILE-XI-RFC scenario. I am using Customer create BAPI for this interface. When we get the response back from RFC adapter, XI should look into the data and depend on that data,

In case of success, it should send the message back to MDM.

In case of failure, XI needs to raise an alert and send it to the recipient.

I am using BPM for this scenario. Can any of you help me with this design?

Basically I need to distinguish between a success and failure and send the message accordingly.

Thanks for your help,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case of failure ..will the XML data will be error.. if so by that with help of switch you can direct it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss,

The RFC response should have the Customer number field filled in case of success and will be blank in case of failure.

So, based on that field, I can do the conditional routing, but how to raise an alert in case of failure?

Thanks

Kalyan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this with BPM.

Have look into this blog to get the response back to XI. Once you get the response have a Switch step to determine the success or failure. If it is fail then send an alert

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

For alert-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Also refer thsi part of SAP help -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/1b9259fb002be8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To throw an Alert from a BPM , you use the Control Step .

Use a Switch step in the BPM, and then for valid data send the file, for the inavlid branch , use the Control Step to trigger the alert.

Regards,

Bhavesh