cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWA Availability monitoring problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

With NW04s at SP8 I have an ABAP+J2EE system that is my Central Admin/Monitoring system. I have setup CCMSPING in central system and also in RZ21 of the ABAP system. I verified the systems are showing in RZ20 with green/100% indications.

When I go to set them up in NWA, I see them listed with yellow warnings next to them in the availability monitoring screen. When I scroll down and click 'enable availability monitoring', I get a message at the top "SYSTEM_ALREADY_MONITORED".

Why might it be telling me that, even though the metrics are not showing up in the NWA?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was that an earlier system that was copied was still acting as an SLD and CCMS even though the config was removed (or so we thought). Once we cleaned it up, everything is fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I use ccmsping -DCCMS on the CEN instance, I see the availability of each system in RZ20. But they appear grey in NWA. When I use ccmsping with the -push option in the CEN system, I see all instances availability in RZ20 and the NWA. So, that's fine. I use the -push option.

But my Central reporting is another issue. I have central reports for some systems, but others have the 'No CEN information available in SLD'. But I have gone through the guide, ran RZ70 in those systems, made sure they are in the Admin landscape of the SLD and insured they are reporting data via RZ20. I don't know why else they would not be showing up in NWA. Any ideas?

dirk_jenrich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the Monitoring Setup Guide (link mentioned in one of the postings above), chapter 5.6, background information about the error "No CEN information available in SLD".

Every system beeing monitored by the NWA needs an association "Centrally Monitored Application System" in the SLD with the CEN being the dependent. This specifies that the system is monitored by CEN.

Kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm making some progress. My availability reports in NWA are still yellow and show no info. But in the Central Reports, I can see the systems when I pull them down from the pop up list. In other words, they are all listed and greyed out until I go to the pull down menu and pick each one. I would think there's a way to show them all upon initial launch of the Central Reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get the availablity monitoring working in NWA by using the CCMSPING -push option. When I had CCMSPING running without it, the NWA was not getting updated.

I am still unable to get all my instances monitored in central reports, though.

dirk_jenrich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

if you don't see the availability of monitored instances in the central reports, then you'll probably don't see it in the transaction RZ20 as well. Is this correct?

If so, did you check the following documentation?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/38/9e100dd7980fffe10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm

and another source of information that might help (SAP Tutor, so make sure that the SAP Tutor player is installed on your computer):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/nw/a-c/availabilit...

Kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are all of the systems monitored with CCMS agents? That only one of the nine nodes is shown in the Central Reports could be explained if the SLD does not have the other nodes marked as 'monitored'. Any chance that you could upload a screen shot of the RZ20 Availability monitor and the NWA Availability monitor?

Many thanks, Stephen Pfeiffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I'm missing something - how would the SLD "mark" a system as being monitored?

And - I have screen shots, but not sure how I can upload them here in this forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave

I had the same problem, until I followed the instructions in this attached guide...

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000652453&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_O...

dirk_jenrich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

just to clarify. Do you see CCMS monitoring data in the "Central Reports"?

Kind regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I do see central reports for ONE node out of 9. I set them all up identically. So even when I look at the availability of the node that is showing in central reports, I still get the message "SYSTEM_ALREADY_MONITORED" when I try to enable it.

I also followed the Monitoring Setup Guide for NetWeaver 2004s SPS8 to the letter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On thing that needs clarification...Section 4.2 of that monitoring setup doc says (for monitoring ABAP systems in NWA):

"The monitored system has the NW2004s release and Support

Package level discussed in this document."

But I'm able to monitor systems with WAS 6.20 and 6.40 as well. Should that disclaimer read "The monitorING system..."?