cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal ITS, ITS_ERRMSG_EXCEPTION SAPMSYST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I am currently facing an issue with an IAC based on the standard WSTA (some modification to the IAC) program by SAP. It runs quite well, but it looks like out of a 500 user sessions I have got three similar short dumps.

The error message is,

Es wurde eine Fehlermeldung von WebAS empfangen. Fur das Grundbild der Fehlermeldung (Program: "SAPMSYST" Dynpro-Nummer: 40) wurde kein Template gefunden, der ITS service musste deshalb abgebroten worden. Beseitingen Sie nach Möglichkeit die FEhlerursache. Erst wenn die Feherursache beseitigt ist und damit die Fehlermeldun von Web nich mer gesendet wird, ist dieser ITS Service wieder lauffähig.

I know the answer generally is to active ~webdynpro 1 (it is currently 0). However as I understand it this will only make the error appear more sensible. I can not understand why it only happens 1/100 times, could it be something to do with scarce resources?.

Does anyone have any input on where to start looking for the error, what is the normal errors concealed by the error.

I am aware of note 859213 Integrated ITS, error messg on transaction selection screen, however if does not give an answer. We are on the recommended stack/patch level.

best regards,

Jørgen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

when developers create an IAC service they setup templates for each dynpro screen they know about. But it is possible that under rare conditions a dynpro is processed which the creator of the IAC service did not expect. This is mostly an error condition the ABAP program. The name of the dynpro which was not found in the case described by you points to this. SAPMSYST Dynpro 40 is the system program of the easy access menu. Probably an error occurred and the program was terminated with an abort-message. If you set ~generatedynpro to 1 (not ~webdynpro) you will see the error message and you can click on it to read the long text, which will lead to a solution. Often missing permissions for specific users are the reason for such errors. But because the cause of this error is somewhere in the ABAP application itself, it is not possible to help without having knowledge about the specific application and knowing the message number.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

first of all I would like to thank you for the very good answers which you always seem to give.

As for the ~webdynpro it was a typo :=).

The service is migrated from standalone ITS to Internal ITS, and the same a dynpros is covered (same templates, same parameters). Would you think that is probable that this error has been exsisting at the standalone ITS as well, and have just been discovered now. Or is this something which may have been caused by the internal ITS migration.

Our big problem is that since the error is rare, even though if we set ~generatedynpro 1, if the long error appear on the end user side. It is unlikely we will be able to get the long solution? (as the users probably will forget to send it to us).Or will the long solution be available in some central log which we can read.

And just to double check, there are no downsides on setting the ~generatedynpro 1?. If it not, I guess best practice should be to set it on every IAC.

Best regards,

Jørgen Ruud

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jørgen,

according to what you reported I would assume that this issue also occurred in the external ITS 6.20. With integrated ITS an ABAP shortdump is created which might be more visible for an administrator, than an error message in one of the various trace files of ITS 6.20.

If you know who experienced the error (and you should see this in ST22) you could create a copy of the service where you set ~generatedynpro. The user than could use this service until you have found the reason.

In general ~generatedynpro should not be set due to security reasons. But if you set it, there should be no side effects.

Best regards,

Klaus