cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic TOC for Wiki page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Wiki supports automatic creation of Table of Content for a page by headers structure on the page?!

As it works in almost any wiki, for example MediaWiki?

Because it very useful and you do not need to do the same job twice: just enter the content with proper hierarchy of h1. ... h5. headers, and the TOC will be created automatically.

This is exhausting to create FAQ (and any) pages manually as it is now: you create the TOC yourself, then you copy/paste those questions text below into the page body making sure you are in sync with top menu.... Sad. And useless efforts (and error prone ones ).

Or we need an equivalent for that, otherwise it is a <b>BIG inconvinience</b>!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback Serguei. You obviously have experience with this medium.

This is our Beta version. While there is presently no implemented macro for the TOC, that would be a suggestion for further enhancement.

I did see one

<a href="http://www.randombits.org/x/BgQ">at randombits</a> but it doesn't look like is implemented on our website quite yet.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I did see one

> <a href="http://www.randombits.org/x/BgQ">at

> randombits</a> but it doesn't look like is

> implemented on our website quite yet.

You mean, it is NOT implemented?

Well, the macro above is at least something. The idea is - once a new hN entry is added by a contributor in the page body, a new entry will be displayed automatically at the top of the page, user should not care about creating that link on the top of the page.

I think, having that macro would be way better that NOTHING

(it's strange, why it's not a kind of standard feature of this engine )

Thanks anyways for the will to improve it!

Regards,

Serguei

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is in process.

thanks,

Marilyn